Facts about Planned Parenthood, the organization at the center of the potential government shutdown:
1. They crush and dismember innocent human beings for a living. That is their primary revenue source. Abortion is not health care.
2. They have been caught countless times, both on audio and on video, hiding statutory rape,. That alone should result in them being not only being de-funded but put out of business. Businesses who commit serial felonies don’t get to point to other (alleged) good things they do to avoid responsibility.
3. They have been caught many times hiding sex trafficking, which includes victims of human trafficking.
4. Their CEO falsely claimed that Planned Parenthood provides mammograms and that a loss of Federal funding would end these. How many CEOs don’t know what services their organization provides? Was this incompetence or a deliberate lie about a highly emotional, most-favored-disease issue to sustain public funding for her organization? Why hasn’t she or the mainstream media highlighted and corrected this error?
5. Planned Parenthood is not the only provider of these non-abortion services. If taxpayer funding of PP ended these services could easily be provided elsewhere – preferably somewhere that doesn’t kill humans beings, hide statutory rape, hide sex traffickers / human traffickers, etc.
6. According to PP’s research arm, 54% of abortions are performed on women who were on birth control. Their business model is not working to prevent pregnancies, it is working to generate abortions. That statistic exposes the lie that more birth control distribution will reduce abortions. PP wants to reduce abortions in the same way McDonald’s fights to sell less hamburgers.
7. Margaret Sanger, PP’s founder, was a racist eugenicist.
8. Planned Parenthood targets minorities and is the largest provider of abortions in the U.S. Abortion rates for blacks are 3x that of whites and the rate for HIspanics is 2x that of whites. Margaret’s dream lives on.
9. They aggressively promote their worldview to teens, encouraging them to ignore their parents and their religion, via their public school lessons and their youth website, Teenwire. They discourage parents from viewing it, of course. You can find lots of valuable advice [sarcasm intended], like the tidbit from a 14-year-old girl who said that kids shouldn’t have sex until they are mature enough to know how to use a condom and their official advice that, “Hooking up is only one way to get close to someone.” They regularly promote anal sex as a good way to avoid pregnancy (technically true, though it won’t prevent disease transmission and is not advice most people want their kids to hear).
It follows the same philosophy they use in the classroom, which is to steer kids away from parental authority and to make decisions about sexuality on their own. They don’t offer any limits to children, other than telling them that the kids should decide when they are “ready.” They encourage them to experiment with sex and their sexual orientation.
Most of the offenses are too perverse to list on this blog, but here is a sample of how they encourage kids to ignore their parents and their religion (from the Canada site; the link to the original post from Dawn Eden’s site is broken):
Maybe your religion or parents are influencing your decision. Take control. Remind yourself that what you do is always a choice. You choose whether to follow the values if your religion. You choose whether to be honest with your parents. They may not be easy choices, and others may not agree with the choices you make. But they are still YOUR choices and they should be based on what’s important to you.
10. Planned Parent used to claim that “An abortion kills the life of a baby after it has begun.” At least that was their view in this 1964 advertisement. Did they learn anything about science in the few years after that when they changed their minds? Of course not. Science couldn’t be more clear: A new human being is created at conception. Planned Parenthood is about making money off abortions and about advancing their perverse ideology with your money.
11. PP has not accounted for millions of dollars given to them.
12. If PP’s supporters care so much for these non-abortion services, why don’t they open their own wallets and give? There are more crisis pregnancy centers than abortion clinics, and nearly all run with no government funding (the center where I’m a volunteer and board member refuses any government funds). It doesn’t seem very pro-choice to force people to fund the array of perversions, immorality and broken laws we see with Planned Parenthood.